Year in Review by the President
2023 was an exciting year for Locus. We completely reimagined our sample planning functionality to support more complex monitoring requirements, enabling users to track and confirm that they collect every sample required by their applicable regulations. Our document management tools were also given an upgrade to quickly browse environmental documents across your entire organization. We completed our SOC 2 audit to verify once again that Locus maintains the highest level of control for security and integrity. This year, Locus also became one of the first companies to attain accreditation as a greenhouse gas verifier in the state of Washington, demonstrating our continued growth and expansion in supporting new ESG requirements.
On the customer side, I am thrilled about the new and expanded relationships Locus built this year with Aptim, Foster Farms, San Jose Water Company, and others. The innovative work we are developing for those organizations is paying dividends in supporting their environmental initiatives. Locus has also expanded our team in 2023 with industry-leading environmental experts and software developers. Our customers continue to tell us that our support is one of the key reasons they use Locus year after year, and we are committed to maintaining that high level of service.
As we head into 2024, I am looking forward to further growth in our capabilities and team to address our customers’ EHS and ESG goals. For now, please join me in a brief look at some Locus highlights from 2023 and have a safe and happy holiday!
-Wes Hawthorne, President of Locus Technologies
- APTIM Partners with Locus Technologies for Environmental Enterprise Software – Locus and APTIM are establishing a collaborative partnership using Locus software to deliver applications that will provide more efficiency and visibility for APTIM’s clients. “Locus brings a well-established, highly configurable software that can adapt to our complex projects and leverage our expertise in environmental solutions,” said Jason Bourg, APTIM.
- Foster Farms Selects Locus Technologies EHS/ESG Enterprise SaaS – Foster Farms, one of the top US providers of poultry products has selected Locus Technologies multitenant SaaS to organize and manage their EHS compliance and ESG reporting through the Locus Cloud Platform.
- San Jose Water Expands Locus Technologies SaaS to include GIS+ – San Jose Water, known as one of the most technically sophisticated urban water systems in the United States, has been using Locus Technologies SaaS and Mobile app since 2014 to manage their field data. Recently San Jose Water has expanded its software to include Locus GIS+, which makes it even easier to collect and manage their data.
- Locus Technologies Receives Accreditation by Washington Department of Ecology for GHG Verification Services – Locus Technologies is accredited for GHG and Low Carbon Fuel Standard (LCFS) verifications in California, Oregon, and Washington in all industry sectors. Locus’ team of verifiers has identified thousands of errors and missteps that reporters and applicants commonly make while completing hundreds of verifications for greenhouse gas reports, LCFS applications/reports, and Clean Fuels Program submittals.
- Locus Technologies Leads Industry in Safeguarding Customer Data with Renewal of SOC 1 and 2 Examinations – Locus Technologies proudly announces the successful completion of the System and Organization Controls 1SM and 2SM examinations. These examinations reaffirm Locus’s unwavering dedication to maintaining exceptional standards in financial reporting management and overall system integrity, setting it apart from its competitors.
- Geospatial Business Intelligence for EHS – Business Intelligence (BI) is crucial for organizations to analyze data and enhance decision-making. Initially focused on areas like finance and sales, BI has evolved to encompass all aspects of a business. Incorporating spatial information, managed through Geographic Information Systems (GIS), has become essential. Locus Technologies has been a pioneer in GeoBI. Click the link to read more.
- The Expertise Behind the Software – Locus Technologies has been providing award-winning customer support for over 25 years now. What is our secret? Prioritizing our customer’s success is your success!
- 5 Red Flags of Outdated Software – We have compiled a list of our top 5 red flags to look out for when searching for a software solution for your water quality.
- 9 Keys to Selecting Sustainable ESG Reporting Software – Locus Technologies 9 keys to choosing an ESG software solution that is right for you.
As we bid farewell to 2023, we are thrilled to share the top game-changing features that have made Locus Technologies Software even more powerful and user-friendly. Let’s take a closer look at the highlights of each software.
Top EHS Updates for 2023
- Ability to create single page or multipage data entry forms with a collection of standard inputs, including text, numeric fields, drop-down list boxes, radio buttons, check boxes, rating fields and more. Organizations can easily design and deploy forms based on standardized questions.
- Forms can also be completed on mobile devices by users on the move.
- Ability to tailor user interface for specific roles, job functions, or input device.
- Enhanced picture handling on mobile devices. Users can zoom, rotate and scroll through all the images on any record.
- Ability to configure dynamic security based on job function and responsibilities.
- Improved Waste Management Dashboards, including biennial reporting, generator status, and shipment tracking.