Test drive the Locus GHG Calculator.
For organizations that calculate and report greenhouse gas emissions or other ESG metrics, Locus provides a range of solutions that come equipped with a robust calculator engine. Here is a sample of the tools you’ll have with Locus.
How to Use the GHG Calculator
You can use the rough calculator above to determine if your facility may be subject to the reporting rules. Select all fuels that you use for stationary combustion (such as boilers, heaters, flares, ICE, turbines, etc.) and list your fuel usage during calendar year in question.
Remember that most reporting programs include exemptions for the following sources:
- Portable equipment
- Backup or emergency generators
- Fire suppression systems and equipment
- Irrigation agricultural pumps
For each of your fuels used in stationary combustion, use the following steps:
- Select fuel
- Enter annual throughput (fuel use) in specified units (if MMBtu available instead of mass/volume of fuel, select units in “kg CO2 /MMBtu” before entering throughput value)
- Click on Calculate
- Click on Add to Total
- Repeat steps 1-4 for every fuel used
If you have trouble selecting fuel type or seeing emission factor, try refreshing the page.