MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., 27 November 2017 — Locus Technologies, the industry leader in cloud-based environmental compliance and information management EHS software, announces a suite of enhancements to its Railroad Incident application within its state-of-the-art Locus Platform SaaS solution—a scalable, robust app-building platform for easily designing and deploying apps that precisely conform to an organization’s existing business processes and requirements.
Since 2013, Locus has maintained its position on the cutting edge of railroad industry EHS solutions, as one of the first Railroad Incident software providers in the market assisting U.S. Federal Railroad Administration (FRA)-regulated organizations in maintaining compliance.
The FRA imposes rigorous reporting requirements upon Class II railroads, and maintaining compliance remains difficult for many EHS departments. While railroad safety and risk mitigation are top priorities for these departments, many are finding that trying to stay up-to-date with the latest regulations while using legacy, homegrown systems to manage compliance programs is nearly impossible.
Locus found that EHS professionals who are tasked with completing many FRA forms for each incident considered it an arduous and lengthy process, requiring multiple checks to prevent errors and oversights. Keeping in line with its guiding principle of customer success, Locus developed its Railroad Incident application so that users could easily and efficiently manage and report railroad accidents and incidents, with built-in quality control checks to verify that all reporting is in compliance with FRA regulations. Locus software has successfully generated hundreds of these reports with a single-click solution that instantly completes FRA forms for direct submittal to the agency.
The Locus Platform Railroad Incident application includes:
- Easy-to-use data entry forms for incidents, with one-click incident section selection
- Ability to associate multiple injuries or illnesses to an incident
- State-of-the-art body image selector for injuries
- Dashboards to view incident trends and key metrics to aid in proactively preventing future incidents
- Cradle-to-grave root cause and corrective action analysis and tracking, easily configured to any company techniques or methods
- Custom configurable workflows and email notifications to align with existing busines processes
- Excel plugin tool for bulk importing and editing incident, employee, and other organizational data
- Mobile-enabled incident forms
- Push-button FRA Form generation to expedite form completion by automatically generating PDFs with e-signature for FRA Forms 54, 55, 55a, 57, 97, and 98
- Optional integration with third party APIs like SAP and PeopleSoft
“Locus is proud to have been supporting the railroad industry for years with this important functionality. When it comes to incident management, company managers have an easily accessible, all-encompassing view of what’s occurring across all of their different facilities, sites, and incident locations. Our easy-to-use data entry forms for railroad incidents with one-click incident section selection enables the seamless capture, analyzing, reporting, e-signing, and submittal of critical FRA-specific data—all from within our industry-tested Railroad Incident application,” said Wes Hawthorne, President of Locus Technologies. “Locus’ Railroad Incident application is a single repository in the cloud that offers railroad-specific functionality for managing incident tracking, investigations, and analyzing key safety metrics aimed at reducing accidents and mitigating risks.”
For more information about Locus’ Railroad Incident application and other EHS and sustainability solutions, visit https://www.locustec.com.