Locus Technologies— a leading provider of enterprise cloud computing software (SaaS) for environmental, air, water, energy, and sustainability information management— is seeking a creative, detail-oriented team member to design, produce, and manage all graphic and video materials for our company.
Your primary responsibilities would include designing and producing graphic assets (including icons, social media content, and logos), short marketing and training videos, and print materials to directly support Locus’ software and our sales & marketing efforts. You will also be responsible for assisting in the creation and implementation of marketing campaigns. You will work with a cross-department team including marketing, sales, and user experience.
- Work within Marketing department to help develop and promote brand standards consistently and precisely throughout all visual assets and communication materials (including fonts, colors, brand voice, and original graphics/illustrations).
- Edit photos and create original illustrations and other graphics for use on social media.
- Design, create, and provide support during production of materials and marketing collateral, such as conference booth design, promotional items, and print materials (i.e., product fact sheets, white papers, case studies, etc.).
- Assist with implementing consistent branding across all communication platforms— including training and marketing presentations (PowerPoint), email newsletters, and surveys.
- Design, create, and modify custom SVG icons (with Adobe Illustrator) for our in-house icon library, for use across our software applications. Manage and update the icon library website.
- Manage and organize all company graphic assets on shared servers, using standard naming conventions and scalable organization methods.
- Act as the point of contact for all graphics-related requests (including company and customer logo updates, banner ads for product login pages, etc.).
- Video editing and production using Adobe After Effects or other preferred software. Turn screen recordings of our software into short, branded training or marketing-ready videos, with voiceovers, motion graphics and other professional enhancements. Effectively plan and follow a self-directed, organized video production workflow— from storyboards to feedback sessions to final approval.
- High attention to detail
- Excellent skills in English language (including grammar and spelling)
- Demonstrated skills in principles of typography, color theory and visual hierarchies
- Strong critical thinking and prioritization skills; ability to manage multiple tasks with different deadlines, while retaining high attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to ask intelligent questions to develop a thorough understanding of company brand and culture; also to maintain awareness of latest design industry trends and negotiate these with the level of professionalism required by our company brand
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with a cross-department team
- Demonstrate experience with naming and organizing large amounts of graphic, video, and text files using logical and sustainable methods
- Basic understanding of basic data visualization principles (i.e., representing data and statistics with graphs and charts)
- Very knowledgeable about file formats and compression and web optimization for images
- Understanding of differences between web and print design (e.g., RGB/hex vs Pantone and CMYK)
- Very experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, and After Effects)
- Experienced with Microsoft programs (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Outlook)
Additional helpful skills & knowledge (not required):
- Photography skills
- Experience with Git, Subversion, or other code version control platform
- Copywriting or editing experience